Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility Practices in DynPro India set a realistic agenda of grassroots development through alliances and partners with sustainable development approaches. At the heart of solution lies intrinsic coming together of all stakeholders in shaping up a distinct route for an equitable and just social order….
The government, as part of the proposed new Companies Bill, is looking at making it mandatory for corporate to spend 2% of their average income of three years on CSR activities.
DynPro heads believe that CSR cannot be generated by thrusting it as a statutory requirement. They say that they are already involved in significant levels of CSR activities. Azim Premji, who had commented on the matter at an event in New Delhi on Thursday in the presence of Warren Buffett and Bill Gates, believes that there is enough social consciousness among the larger companies to drive these initiatives.
DynPro adopts a new way to look at the relationship between business and society which does not treat corporate success and social welfare as a zero-sum game. DynPro identifies all of the effects, both positive and negative, that they have on society; determine which ones to address; and suggest effective ways to do so. When looked at strategically, corporate social responsibility can become a source of tremendous social progress, as the business applies its considerable resources, expertise, and insights to activities that benefit society.
DynPro takes environmental consciousness as an integral part of doing business. We believe that employees in DynPro are environment conscious and contribute to preserving nature as well as making a difference in our own respective work areas. We have believed and implemented a paperless environment and encourage our partners and suppliers to CSR Dynpro people do so as well. We have invested in green building designs, Energy efficient IT infrastructure and have embarked on an aggressive policy of encouraging eco-conservation across all life facets of our corporate. Corporate have Social Responsibility (CSR) targets to help improve community living. In India, though the corporates understand their accountability towards the society and are willing to take initiatives for the betterment, it becomes difficult for them to reach the grassroots level.
DynPro India’s sustainability program guides us in supporting our employees and the communities where they work, as well as in nurturing the next generation of professionals.
All of us are responsible for conducting safe and environmentally sound operations. Fundamentally, this is in the interest of our own and other’s quality of life. There is a direct impact on the environment through our daily consumption needs of natural resources via energy, water & other inputs in our process.
DynPro recognizes its responsibility as a global citizen to assess and minimize the impact of its business activities to reduce environmental impact and protect the eco-systems upon which all life depends, while advancing economic development. Eco policies not only indicate positive environmental stewardship, but also present business opportunities such as innovative products and investments in sustainable forestry and renewable energy.
Environment performance and Corporate Social Responsibility are key goals.
To accomplish this, we will;
- Comply with all applicable environment and related laws, regulations, codes of practices and other requirements
- Take appropriate measures to identify, assess and manage the environment impacts of our existing and planned operations
- Drive ecological sustainability in every dimension through carbon consumption foot print reduction, positive water balance, sustainable waste management and preserving bio diversity.
- Build active and long term partnerships with the communities in which we operate to improve condition of the most disadvantaged amongst them.
- Conduct business that achieves a balance or integration of economic, environmental and social imperatives while at the same addressing stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure seamless integration of marketplace, workplace, environment and community concerns with business operations in order to support sustainable development and enhance our performance on the triple bottom line.
- As regards Health & Safety, DynPro promotes employee well-being as a strategic value and fundamental component in its success and is considered more than a traditional occupational health and safety.
DynPro takes appropriate measures to prevent workplace injuries and ill health and to provide employees with a safe and healthy working environment by considering evolving industry practices and societal standards of care.
DynPro assesses and manages the Health and Safety impacts and eliminate unreasonable risks of its existing, new activity or project, design and production of products & services.
DynPro priorities are:
- Encourage environmental awareness among our employees and provide appropriate training and information on DynPro programs.
- Develop programs to harness employee enthusiasm and offer opportunities for employees to collaborate on our journey to improve environmental performance.
Engage with our clients to consider the environmental impact of how we deliver our work and support them in addressing their own environmental impacts. Suppliers
- Consider environmental factors when procuring goods and services
- We encourage a localized procurement process to source goods and services from vendors located within a 500 mile radius, whenever possible. Our procurement policy helps us identify vendors who reduce consumption of natural resources, promote talent diversity and adopt ethical work practices
- Assess the environmental performance of our key suppliers to improve their environmental performance as well as ours
Energy and Emissions
- Optimize energy usage in our office locations and data centres, including through efficient real estate operations, and consider renewable energy sources where feasible.
- Use collaboration technologies to reduce our need for business travel.
- Usage of power stabilizers to improve and supply consistent voltage
- Dimmers in Offices and conference halls
- Lights-Out policies in our leased facilities with the last person leaving the premise doing a walk-through to turn off all lights and energy sources.
Reducing greenhouse gases
Our offices have been designed with access to plenty of natural sunlight.
Waste and Water
Measure waste generation and water usage where possible across our operations and conduct our business in a manner that aims to prevent pollution and minimize the consumption of natural resources.
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle: DynPro is committed to reducing resource consumption and minimizing waste while considering the life-cycle costs of products. We seek to implement the hierarchy of preference to reduce, reuse and recycle resources throughout the procurement activity.
- Promote reuse and recycling, by seeking to recycle or recondition our PCs and mobile devices.
- Seek to minimize the waste we send to landfill from our operations.
Conservation of Paper
- Conservation of resources is the cornerstone of our Systems All our systems and processes have been designed with a workflow approach to reduce paper consumption.
- Adoption of e-verification and e-Signatures for all paperwork. Emphasis is on digital paperwork to minimize any paper utilization.
- E-Scanners any paper is scanned and e-mailed where accepted and possible.
Legal and Other Requirements
Comply with all applicable legal and other requirements in the management of our operations
12,046 total views, 1 views today